We extend a warm welcome to our Guru in residence - Guru Sam Hadi

Some of you may remember him from the good old days when the great Maharishi took those four young lads from Liverpool into his care to enlighten them and through their music, the world.

Guru Sam (as he cheerfully likes to be known) was serving chai at the time - that first fateful day at the ashram. He told me once that the moment the boys sat down at the feet of the great Maharishi, they became instant genii of that locus.

I asked Guru Sam whether he had maybe lost the plot a tad, as there are no locuses growing in that part of India.

He chaffed me saying that anything is possible under the sun.

Without wanting to appear rude I kept my thoughts to myself and wondered whether he had himself not had too much sun.

Oh, well that is our beloved Sam Hadi for you.

However he did leave this extraordinary sound snippet with me that I would like to share with you here below.

What do you make of it?

Guru Sam says that this was the first music that came out of the ashram, the day after the boys' visit:

A note on Guru Sam:

The ruminations of Guru Sam Hadi - a mighty oak in the forest of life - Sharing his thoughts, ideas and viewpoint he helps address the great questions that life poses and that many of us are either forced to ponder or tempted to resolve. It is hoped that this timeless wisdom and view from a sometime acerbic eye might encourage, amuse and interest the visiting pilgrim. Namaste

Comments

Popular Posts