Change is Inevitable - Embrace It!

It's that time of year again!

Yet this year upcoming is 2012. Whoa! the day the Earth stood still... or is it annihilation?

No matter how many Hollywood films they try and prepare us with, no matter how the conditioned mind receives it and then translates it, the day of judgement is at hand and Mayan or no Mayan calendar, we are in for the journey of our lives and for many, our deaths.

Feel portentious enough? Scary? or just straining at the leash?


Because whether you like it or not, and I would recommend embracing it fully, change is inevitable... yes, folks we are all in for a time of profound change and movement.

Now I do not have to  be a fortune teller or seer of any great ability because this is what is happening ALL THE TIME. For those of us who embrace change it will come as sweet and often challenging relief. There are new horizons, potentials and opportunities opening up in front of us at every moment. Whether we notice them is up to us. Whether we take advantage of them is also our call, and ours alone.

Recently we had staying with us for a month, a very dear friend and mentor. She came into our lives some years ago through one of the most amazing and life changing movers and shakers on this planet. I exaggerate not. This man has helped tens of thousands of souls to really come to grips with their lives and move into their fullest potential. We are blessed to be close friends with him.

Our friend, a close associate of this man and consummate student of the life change game he exemplifies and shares, made us look deeply into who we are, where we come from and where we are wanting to move into and become. I have to say it was, and continues to be, the most challenging, exciting and rewarding time I have spent in my life.

It forced me to really take a look at who I am, how I have arrived at this point and whether this is where I have developed all these years to become.

In short I realized I was not happy with my progress and knew my potential to be far greater and richer than I had thus far developed.

Old habitual patterns, superficially able to be tossed to one side with a "I have always done that.." attitude, when placed under my microscope, were found to be boulders in my development. Rocks, hard places and comfortable places littered my path. Even this blog was really not developing as an outlet for development, both for our readers and our contributors!

A New Year approaching is an opportunity to sharpen focus on where we are going, how we have gotten here and whether we feel there need be changes made to hone the practice of life.

I can only speak about myself and realize major shifts for my life and interaction with it are essential. Yes, there is asked of me an end of days face off, a seismic change in ways that have been and an end to the past calendars are inevitable. A New Age? Absolutely!

Yet, it is down to me and me alone to embrace these times, these changes. To be brutally honest with the reflection my life throws at me and a determination to burnish, cut away, transmute and refine the vessel, the consciousness, the awareness, the gifts and everything that makes my human experience as a spiritual being, a shining star in the firmament of eternity.

This new dawning that I am the sole protagonist of any change, I am solely responsible for the color of my own world view and its appearance to others, the reality that I am the instigator of betterment that will alone change the image, likeness and relationship I have in this great play.... is salutary and oh, so exciting.

Now that is what I call a New Year honor. Why also I am especially excited is... I recognize there are and will increasingly be so many out there who I have met and am yet to meet who will be taking this adventure with me. There are so many around me who are going to benefit from my abilities to become truer, more reliable, more able to take personal responsibility and share its fruits with all. I am so looking forward to listening more and learning, to recognizing and appreciating the gifted souls that are my close friends and family as much as the strangers whose simple truths and example enlighten the whole for me at a stroke.

This New Dawn, this New World opening in front of us is so brilliant, the dark veils of yesterday become the illusions we carried only till today. The lack, the poverty, the embrace of others' power over us, the nightmare scenarios we created in our minds, the hardships are all chimera, were very real then but now we have the choice to change all that.

That change starts flat slap within ourselves.

Can it happen? Hey, that is NOT the question....

Will it happen? That is more like it.....

The only question then is ....When?

Frankly, today is the very best day and time to start to make it so

So, to all of you I wish for you the utmost change towards your best self, the greatest joy in setting the compass on a journey that has never before been taken and an affirmation I shall meet you on the way and love sharing the experience.

Oh, and lest I forget.... take that bright package out of your holdall and unwrap and share it with all along the way.

What is in there? Love, of course... the love that is our manna in the wilderness, our light in the darkness and our lighthouse on the rough seas of our navigating. Feast yourself on it and when we meet we will have such a plenitude, we can feed the thousands and tens of thousands famished on the way

You and I are never alone, the journey may look at times impassable and hard, yet beyond those rocks, boulders and craggy places are meadows and landscapes of sheer delight, streams of life affirming waters and harbors where storms were merely the energetic powers that drove us home.

Have a great one, We are One! Let us all Occupy this place!

Comments

Popular Posts